Monday, April 29, 2013

Buddah Would Go

I bought a tee shirt the other week showing a drawing of a chubby Buddah with a surfboard and the words "Buddah would go" - a kinda twisted tribute to the late Eddie Aikau ("Eddie would Go"). 

The lady who made it claimed it was a true story. She went to go surfing with her husband and thought the conditions were a bit wild for her level of competence. Her hubby simply said "Buddah would go". They had a great surf and she got inspired to make a tee. 

I like to think about that phrase - "Eddie would go", when I need a little kick along in the motivation department.

The notion of a deity surfing makes as much sense I suppose as a deity having a birthday (is that a tautology, deity being born and all?). I know Jesus spent a bit of time on the water. I'm not across the whole Buddah-on-brine thing, so maybe I'll crash his birthday party this weekend to find out more.
In the meantime here's an inspiring vid from Kiwi photog, Mark Gee. Happy Birthday Buddah.


No comments:

Post a Comment