Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bird hour double dawn

I've always been a morning g person. There's something about getting out of bed before the sun that does it for me. Maybe because part of me is from the bush  and no matter where I am in the world I rise before the sun and revel in what I call Bird hour. 

It doesn't really go for an hour. Most times about 30 minutes and then it fades out with the night as the sun gets out of bed and gets to work giving us free light and life.

My mothers family are from the bush, a long way west of here, where the Thompson River runs (when its not The Dry Season). so maybe that's  why I enjoy the various tunes of the Aussie birds all singing at the same time in their different pitches. It reconnects me with that country. I can shut my eyes and pretend I'm out at Jundah under a huge crisp starry sky with a slight glow in the east.




No comments:

Post a Comment